Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Italian Love Affair

Elle Decoration, May 2005

Dear Zac,

It was in the May 2005 French Elle Decoration where I first read about Bulgari hotel in Milan. The interior as portrayed in the colorful spread is both sleek and understated. I was captivated by the image of the dramatic double-height lobby with its dark slate floor, complimented by designer Antonio Citterio’s timeless collection of seating with rather unusual proportion. I have always been a big fan of his design for the eminent Italia furniture maker, B&B Italia. It was love as first sight.

Four years later, I finally had the opportunity to visit Italy. It was a relatively short trip but I managed to squeeze in a two day layover in Milan. Aside from the luxury boutiques, I was motivated visit Milan by the prospect of experiencing the Bulgari Hotel in person. With the weak dollar, my dream to stay at one of the most stylish hotel in Milan remained just a dream. Instead of spending 700 Euro on one of their deluxe rooms, I treated myself a 12 euro bottle of Italian soda and a 10 euro cup of cappuccino at the hotel’s garden cafĂ©. Oh well, pictures are worth more than a thousand words. You be your own judge. Is it really all that?



Library - Taken with my new Leica


Library - Taken with my new Leica


A View from the garden cafe - Taken with my new Leica


Bedroom


Bedroom





No comments:

Post a Comment