Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm here to help

Kenneth,

Update! I'm planning a trip to Paris & Barcelona for this November. So I've decided to put a hold on all potential purchases, and will be saving my hard earned cash $$$ for the Paris flea market at Porte de Clignacourt! Vintage modern lighting will be mine!!

Thus being the case, I will now focus my attention on my friend's wish-lists and helping them hunt out the objects of their desires (as long as I'm in agreement with design and direction, of course). So let us begin with courting that Chesterfield you've been looking for.

With your appreciation for the "finer" made items; Ralph Pucci, Botega Veneta, Serge Mouille, I think the Chester One by Paltrona Frau may be the perfect match. In my book this is by far the best looking and best made Chesterfield you can buy new. It's traditional but not stuffy, and would look fantastic against your ebonized wood floors. I'm not sure of the price but we can assume it would break the bank.
Here's a Chesterfield that I found on 1stdibs.com. The seller explains it's an original sofa from the 1950's, "edited" by Poltrona Frau. Not sure what edited means, but it is nearly identical to the version they're producing today. This one is going for $4,000 and needs to be shipped from Paris.



The final sofa I found is also needing a ride to the Bay Area (from Philadelphia). This mod 1970's version was found on the Decorati website and is also priced under $1,000.

http://decorati.com/product/25969/chesterfield-modern-sofa


Let me know your thoughts.

Zac

btw... Did you ever hear back on the Pierre Chareau side table.

No comments:

Post a Comment