Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dinning Chair Dilemma

Hey Ken,


I’m still trying to answer that question myself … I thought I would have purchased chairs soon after acquiring the dinning table. However, being that I’m partnered up it’s a tough gig to get us both in agreement on design and price.



Actually, the Czech chair by Gerrbruder Thonet in dark walnut is an option we’ve been considering. I fell in love with the armchair as soon as I saw it at Studio Guell in San Francisco. The only problem is our table doesn't lend well to armchairs so we’ve been holding off. Here’s a pic of the czech chair in white with beech legs. What do you think?








I love the Dunbar chairs you found on 1stdibs. It’s just that 12K for dinning chairs is probably not going to happen soon (but it will happen). If I had that kind of $$$ sitting around I would have snagged these Castelli stacking chairs made in Italy circa 1970. I have a great appreciation for vintage furniture - not to mention the 6 chairs are in mint condition!
The chairs are being sold at Lucca Antiques in Los Angeles for $9,600. Perhaps you can find me a “bargain set” when you’re on holiday in Italy. That would be a much more suitable Christmas present as I’m growing tired of Cartier stationary…




Keep shopping!


Zac










No comments:

Post a Comment